Full-Time Faculty Position /
Graduate Institute of Taiwan History, NCCU
1) One or Two Position. Open Rank: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor
2) Expertise Priority: Taiwan’s History Under Ching Dynasty, Modern Taiwan History.
3) Qualifications: Doctorate in history or related field of studies. (To be able to listen, speak, and write Chinese as the basic language requirement. Teaching at least one English-taught class in each semester might be necessary, the actual implementation according to the school regulations.)
4) Required Application Documents
1. Copy of doctoral diploma and evidence of work experience. Foreign Academic Credentials must be authenticated by Ministry of Foreign Affairs's overseas embassies.
2. Three copies of dissertation thesis.
3. The applicants who have assistant professor (or above) certificate shall have work(s) published and have to mail 3 copies each to NCCU. One of the following conditions shall be met:
A) a book published by a professional or academic publisher (with verification letter from publisher about peer review process). Within 5 years at time of application.
B) Two papers reviewed by at least two peers and published in academic journals, as well as one research grant from Taiwan’s Ministry of Science and Technology can take the place of one article within 5 years at time of application.
4. Doctoral degree transcripts ( not necessary for those who have assistant professor or above certificate) . Foreign Academic Credentials must be authenticated by Ministry of Foreign Affairs's overseas embassies.
5. Teacher certificate (if available)
6. Curriculum Vitae
7.List of publications.
8. Research plan.
9. Two proposed courses to teach and sample syllabi.
10. Abstract in Chinese of representative work
Application materials must be postmarked before October 15, 2018.
Applicants who reach the second-round will be interviewed at NCCU campus. NCCU may pay travel expenses.
Please mail all the requirements to:
Graduate Institute of Taiwan History,
National Cheng-chi University
No. 64, Sec. 2, Zhi-nan Road,
Wenshan District, Taipei,
National Cheng-chi University (www.nccu.edu.tw) is located in Taipei. NCCU was founded in 1927, and excels in the liberal arts, commerce and social sciences.
The Graduate Institute of Taiwan History (GITH) was founded in 2004 and is Taiwan’s best graduate school in research and teaching of Taiwan’s history. The GITH is particularly good in modern Taiwan history, especially the 20th century period.